Have fun Crawling around
- Jungle animals – Pretend with your child that you are wild animals crawling through the jungle.
- Crawling over – Set up some pillows on the floor and have your child crawl over them.
- Crawling under – Set up 2 chairs and drape a blanket over them to form a tunnel and have your child crawl through.
- Crawling up and down – Find a small hill for your child to crawl up and then crawl down.
- Have fun down on the floor with your child.
Homemade Wet Wipes
- 1 table spoon baby oil
- 1 table spoon baby shampoo or baby wash
- 2 cups boiled water
- Viva Paper towels
Fold your paper towels in half and layer them in a used Wet Wipes container. Continue doing this until the container is full.
Mix all the ingredients, leaving the water until last. As the paper towels shrink you can add more paper towels. Add mixture slowly, half way turn the paper towels over so that the mixture is absorbed properly.
Great for at home, not so great in your child’s bag as the mixture can drip out. Its a plus to know what the ingredients are and they stay nice and wet.
1 cup salt
2 cups flour
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 cup water
2 tbsp cooking oil
Mix dry ingredients together. Add water, oil and colouring. Blend until smooth. Stir over heat until mixture becomes comes away from the sides and forms a ball. Tip onto board and knead well.
Make Your Own Stickers
- 1 Packet unflavoured gelatin(125g)
- Half a cup boiling water
- 1 table spoon sugar
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Small bowl
- Sheets of white paper
- Large Crayons
- Small paint brush
Mix Gelatine, boiling water, sugar and vanilla essence in a small bowl and set it aside to cool.
Have your child draw small colourful pictures on the paper using crayons or felt pens. Cut out the pictures, paint the backs with the gelatine mixture, and set out to dry.
When your child is ready to use the stickers, have them lick the backs and apply them to a piece of paper.
Make your own Musical Instruments
- Triangle – Tie a string around the top of a wire coat hanger and bend the hook closed. Hold onto a string and hit the hanger with a metal spoon.
- Guitar -Wrap rubber bands around a small sturdy topless box. Play by strumming your fingers across the rubber band.
- Wrist bells – String 3 or 4 bells onto a pipe cleaner. Twist the ends together to form a bracelet.
- Finger Cymbals – Punch 2 holes into identical small jar lids. Thread a pipe cleaner through the holes and twist to make finger handles. Put one onto each pointer finger and band them together.
- Drum – Get out a cooking pot and beat the bottom of it with a wooden spoon.
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp food colouring
Put flour and salt in bowl.
Mix water, oil and colouring and combine with dry ingredients.
Knead well, extra flour may be required.